Many first time homebuyers are overwhelmed when they think about
buying a home. However if you know what to expect the process can be a
lot less intimidating. The following list breaks the process down into
a series of steps.
- Find out how much home you can afford. Talking with a lender is much more accurate than relying on an online calculator.
- Know your legal rights such as the Fair Housing Act
- Investigate various loans and get pre-approved.
- See if you qualify for any homebuying programs
- Choose a real estate agent and shop for a home
- Make an offer on the home you like
- Put a home inspection contingency in your offer and get the home inspected
- Speak with insurance agents to get the best deal on home insurance
- Sign the settlement papers
Welcome to homeownership!