5 Questions To Ask Before You List Your Home For Sale
The first step in placing your Charlottesville home on the market for sale will be deciding on a listing agent. You will probably interview several real estate agents before you make your decision, but do you know what questions to ask?
Here are 5 questions to ask an agent before you hire them to list your Charlottesville home for sale.
- Are you a full time real estate agent? It goes without saying that someone who is juggling two jobs won’t have the time necessary to succeed in today’s competitive market.
- How many photographs will you take of my home and what kind of photographic equipment do you use? The internet is the new open house and today’s buyer spends a lot of time looking at properties on line. They want to see pictures of all of the rooms. Also the pictures of your home will determine whether they want to actually visit the home in person. It is crucial that the pictures are of excellent quality, taken with a wide angle lens so that the rooms appear as large as possible.
- Do you use video or visual tours? Statistically listings with visual tours get more views than listings that don’t have them.
- What internet sites will my home be listed on? The majority of home buyers begin their search for a home on line. It is crucial that your home be there.
- How can I communicate with you? Your real estate agent should be easy for you to get in touch with. He should return your calls and emails promptly and should communnicate with you via whichever method you prefer. You should have an agent who has a smart phone and tablet so that he can do business wherever he is.
In addition to being tech savvy, you will want an agent who has lived in the area for a long time. If you choose a full time, tech savvy agent with local market knowledge you will have made a good first step toward getting your Charlottesville home sold.
Copyright 2012 by Pam Dent all rights reserved “5 Questions To Ask Before You List Your Home For Sale“.