What does your future home look like?
Before you start searching for your new home, you need to have an idea of what it’s going to look like. House hunting can be a time-consuming process so it’s important to have a picture of what you desire and what your budget allows. Knowing your priorities will save you endless time and frustration as you take a look at the homes for sale in Charlottesville VA.
Creating a home buying wish list can help organize your thoughts. A wish list can also help you narrow down your options.
So how do you create a wish list?
You need to start by identifying your needs and wants. Needs are features that are must-haves, while wants refer to the home features that make a home special but you can live without. Be sure to make a realistic wish list.
Consider the following questions:
- Do you want historic properties or newer ones?
- What particular home style do you prefer?
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- How many bathrooms do you need?
- Do you prefer updated bathrooms?
- What type of living and dining areas do you prefer? Traditional? Formal layout? Contemporary plan?
- How many stories do you want in a home?
- How much space do you need?
- How high should the ceilings be?
- What kind of kitchen do you prefer?
- Do you prefer a garage or a carport?
- Do you need a basement and/or an attic?
- Do you need a home office?
- Do you want a home with a play or exercise room?
- What kind of security system do you prefer?
- Do you need a workshop or a studio?
- Do you need a home with an in-law suite?
- Do you want a fireplace?
- Do you want a hot tub?
- Do you want a pool?
- Do you prefer a home with a deck or porch?
- Do you want a laundry room?
Remember that your choice of location will affect the home’s current and future value. It will also have an impact on your lifestyle.
It’s also good to keep in mind that you can always add amenities, but you can never change a bad location.
- Do you want urban? Suburban? Or rural?
- Which school district do you prefer?
- Is the neighborhood close to the airport?
- Is the neighborhood close to restaurants and retails?
- Does the neighborhood have easy access to major highways and thoroughfares?
- Are there nearby healthcare facilities?
- Are there nearby parks and recreation areas?
4. Length of time you plan to live in the home
When looking for a home, you should also consider your future needs, around 7 to 10 years from now. If your requirements might change within that period, be sure the home you’re going to choose will still be able to accommodate your needs.
Are you ready to look for your home in Charlottesville VA?
Call me, Pam Dent, at 434-960-0161. I am committed to helping you find the home that suits you best. I make it a goal to provide excellent service to all my clients. With my help, your home purchase process will be seamless!
Leave a Reply